Week 2 in the books for the AAF and the teams are beginning to take shape. We have some teams that are looking like clear league favorites and others, like my new favorite team, The Memphis Express, struggling.
Below are the results for Week 2:
|Birmingham 12, Salt Lake 9||Saturday, Feb. 16||Birmingham||No|
|Arizona 20, Memphis 18||Saturday, Feb. 16||Arizona||No|
|Orlando 37, San Antonio 29||Sunday, Feb. 17||Orlando||No|
|San Diego 24, Atlanta 12||Sunday, Feb. 17|
San Diego was able to pull out a win against the Legends behind the strong running of Ja’Quan Gardner and his 104 yards on the ground.
My new favorite team, the Memphis Express were in control for most of the game behind the Hack but gave up the lead late and were never able to recover. As a result my new favorite team, the Memphis Express are 0-2.
Full power rankings through Week 2 below:
- Orlando Apollo’s (2-0, Div 1-0)
- Birmingham Iron (2-0, Div 1-0)
- Arizona HotShots (2-0, Div 1-0)
- San Diego Fleet (1-1, Div 0-1)
- San Antonio Commanders (1-1, Div 0-1)
- Salt Lake Stallions (0-2, Div 0-1)
- Memphis Express (0-2, Div 0-1)
- Atlanta Legends (0-2, Div 0-1)